Sunday, March 1, 2015

1 month

It has been one month since my second surgery and I seam to be healing from the surgery alright. I had a little bit of a scare last week as my scar had turned really pink and there seamed to be a lump developing under it but it turned out to be nothing to worry about, which is always good but still make you feel silly for having the doctor check it out. On Tuesday, I had another post op appointment and it seamed to go well. After almost 7 months of having it in my arm, my PICC line was removed. It is so nice to have it gone but I sometimes feel like I am missing something. It was my life line for those months and I'm grateful that it worked so well for so long. My doctor's told me many times that they were really surprised that it still was working and was good as it was and that it lasted as long as it did. I attribute it to my good veins. I have another appointment with my Surgeon in 3 weeks and if everything is going well at that time I might get my GJ tube removed and be tubeless. That is the goal.

In this last month, I have had the ability to enjoy my girls. I have been pretty much home bound for the most part, except for visits to the doctor and a random trip to Walmart. Here are some pictures from this month:
This little one has started to really like her toys and show her cute little personality.

Aunt Brit was hanging out with Kassia on the floor and Kassia was completely mesmerized by what ever Brit was looking at on her phone. 

She has discovered that she can feed herself her bottle and if we leave her bottle on the floor, she will wiggle over to get it and feed herself. 

Maia also likes to get involved in the feeding process, granted her attention span is very short but it is sweet anyway.
 
Sean hanging with his two girls. 

Sister time! 


Maia was really good with playing with Kassia and it was so cute to see them play together.

 Kassia turned 7 Months!

She has become quite the mover and shaker. She is a getting pretty good at army crawling but still uses her head to leverage her way around things. 

This is her favorit place to crawl to. 

Kassia is such a sweet heart and love to watch her big sister run around. She is a decent sleeper but has recently started waking up hugery in the middle of the night. I guess it's time to up the solids intake. Her hair is also starting to grow in and it looks like we might have a red head on our hands. I still think she looks so much like Sean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment