Thursday, March 12, 2015

Getting away

After the test, I needed a break. Although I couldn't escape the vomiting, I could get out of Utah and enjoy a change of scenery. We had already planned on visiting my parents and had put it off to have the testing done , so on Saturday morning we hoped in our rental car and headed up to Oregon. It was just what we needed. 

We made it to my parents house at around 5:30 which was pretty good timing as we only had to stop once. The girls were pretty good until we got to Boise and they were both so tired but Maia didn't want to sleep so instead of sleeping she kept yelling, which in turn would make Kassia cry. I ended up having to sing to them for 30 min to get Maia to calm down and go to sleep. That experience showed me that sibling teasing starts young! 

There is something special about going home. I don't think I would ever like to live in Baker again but it feels like home every time I go to visit. 

Saturday night I was so tired, I went to bed early and didn't wake up till about 12:30 pm Sunday afternoon and I still felt tired and not well. Come to find out I was dealing with dehydration. Sean ended up taking me down to the Baker Hospital to get some IV fluids and luckily the staff there were pretty understanding of my situation and were willing to get me the hydration I needed with out running a bunch of tests. 


Sean hanging out with me while my IV bags were running.

I ended up needing 4 bags of IV fluids and the nurse kept commenting on the color or lack of color in my face each time he hug a bag. By the end he said I didn't look as pale. When we first got to the hospital, there wasn't anyone in the waiting room but the emergency rooms were full, so we had to wait for one to open. Just as we thought we were going to get in, an ambulance showed up and so I had to wait longer. I have to say, we were only in the waiting room for a little bit and then it started getting really busy. It filled up pretty quick and made me glad we went when we did. 

Although I was there for about 4 hours, it was worth going because I did feel a lot better afterwards. It was nice to return to my parents house not a zombie anymore and head into my vacation week feeling better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment