Thursday, February 5, 2015

Wake up bowels wake up!

To say it has been a while since I have eaten would be an understatement. While I've been here in the hospital, I haven't had anything to eat and only a little bit to drink. They are waiting for my bowels to wake up from the surgery. I have been informed many times that you don't have to eat anything for your bowels to produce gas or even poop. They say your body will always produce some kind of gas and with the bile, mucous and other gastric juices, your body is always producing waste of some kind. 

So here I am waiting. Waiting for things to wake up and function and to get things back to normal. Luckily they have moved my diet to a post operation diet which means I get chicken broth and jello! It's funny to be excited about that but right now it is a lot better then what I have had. :) 

Imagining this...
is this... 
right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment