Saturday, February 7, 2015

Going home

Today I will finally be discharged from the hospital and on my way to recovery. I feel different about being able to go home this time around and I feel like life's possibilities are opening up to me again. 

Yesterday taught me a few lessons about myself and life, in regards to food. When they first gave me the chance to eat bread, I gobbled it down because my body was telling me that I was starving (which it actually was) and it tasted so delicious. The repercussions of that decision was pain, nausea and not being able to eat for the next few hours. It is funny how something that should be so good for my body and needed could cause such an awful reaction. I have since learned that my eating habits have to be dictated by what my body can handle and not by what it wants, which are two completely different things. My doctor told me this morning that I need to graze like a cow all day long and that I just need to take it slow. 

I am so very grateful for modern medicine because without it, I would not be here today. Because of caring Doctors, nurses and others, I am alive and now have the possibility to be the mother, wife, sister and friend that I want to be. I'm not out of the woods the yet but the trees are sure starting to thin and sky is getting blue. 

Thank you everyone for your love and support, your prays and kind thoughts, and for everything you have done for me and my family. I have been truly blessed and I can see the lord's hand in many aspects of my life. Things have been hard but I know my burden has been made lite many times and it has helped keep the smile on my face. 

I spent a lot of time looking at this view yesterday and I'm grateful I had a room with something to look at and remind me of the beauty in the world, especially when my diet over then next few weeks will consist of a lot things like this...
not the tastiest thing in the world but I am so glad that I can drink it and it will stay down! If this keeps up no more IV fluids or feeding tubes for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment